I AM GETTING THE ERROR CODE ER RF. THIS PERTAINS TO A FAN IN THE UNIT BUT WHAT FAN? THERE ARE THREE. I INTENED TO CHECK IT FROM THE MAIN BOARD NEXT WEEK BUT I WANT BE ON THE CORRECT PATH. ALL INFORMATIOIN GREATLY APPRECIATED.
NOTE: UNDER THE BRAND NAME I COULD NOT INSERT LG.
I DEFROSTED THE UNIT.
- Guest asked 5 years ago
- last edited 5 years ago
This is a ice maker fan error see link below .Matt Ace technician
Er/rF or noise due to the ice on R-fan [103KR****** ~ 405KR******]
Symptoms / Customer Complaint:
– Er/rF on display (error code) due to the ice on R-fan.
– Ticking or Grinding Noise from the R fan that goes away when doors are opened.
2) Problem / Cause:
– Ice build up around R-fan motor assembly and R-Eva assembly.
– Small amounts of ice build up around R-fan causing a noise when the fan is spinning.
– Replace Controller Assembly and also remove fridge evaporator fins as shown next page.
Hi Matt, Thank you for your reply. I’ll keep you informed. Jan Barney’s Appliance
Great, let us know how the call turns out and if we can help in any other way…
- You must login to reply
Please login first to submit.