The Frigidaire refrigerator showing SY CE . When your Frigidaire refrigerator displays the SY CE error code, this means there is a communications issue. This communication problem is caused by either a wiring issue, wire harness issue, faulty control board, or a bad user interface board. Below we will show how to troubleshoot the SY CE error code on a Frigidaire refrigerator. NOTE: The Frigidaire error code SY CE may look or be determined to be 5Y CE.Try and clear the SY CE error code the easiest way, try unplugging your Frigidaire Refrigerator for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes plug the refrigerator back in. This may have reset the control board and cleared the error code. If not, see below…
How to diagnose and clear the SY CE error code (Remove power to the refrigerator before troubleshooting)
MAIN CONTROL BOARD – LOCATED UNDER THE REFRIGERATOR BEHIND KICK PANEL
* Check the wires/wiring on the main control board.
* Check to be sure wires/wiring is secure on the board and not damaged.
* Visually check the main control board for signs of burns/melted areas.
*Disconnect all wires on main control board and plug back in.
USER INTERFACE DISPLAY BOARD/PANEL – LOCATED BEHIND DISPLAY PANEL
* Check the wires/wiring on the user interface display panel/board.
* Check to be sure wires/wiring is secure on the interface and not damaged.
* Visually check the user interface board for signs of burns/melted areas.
* Disconnect all wires on user interface display panel/board and plug back in.
- You must login to reply
Please login first to submit.