Ice maker in ceiling, auger motor and also water not working at fountain center.
This house has two of these same models. Open a door and a little picture with an x over a door lets you know a switch has opened. However, on the effected model this does not occur. in diagnostics you can check the door switches/ they check as open. Interior lights operate fine when opening and closing the doors. I have gone as far as replacing the switches(thinking under load -problem). I have swapped all three boards from the back of unit as well as the display module. I have checked continuity and voltage through all door switches(3).Still no ice,water or auger.
- James Buchanan asked 7 years ago
Do you have 120V at the harness from main board in back to the board in the door? Had an one a few weeks back that the L1 was broken about 10″ inside the door, wire pulled right out of the hinge at the top. New door on order. Also did you hear or test the door switch engage click. I have seen several that the plastic bracket housing have warped and don’t contact the switch.
ENTER SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS Mode: See what error codes you receive.
Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds. Release both buttons when you hear the CHIME indicator.
Unit must not be in Lockout prior to entering SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE.
The display will show 01 to indicate the control is in step 1 of the diagnostics routine.
To EXIT SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS Mode: do one of the following 3 options:
• Press SW1 and SW2 simultaneously for 3 seconds.
• Disconnect the product from power.
• Allow 20 minutes to pass.
Following the exit of the diagnostic mode, the controls will then resume normal operation.
Cooling diagnostics are steps 1 through 7 and 32 through 39. Dispensing diagnostics are steps 8 through 31.
Each step must be manually advanced. Press SW5 to move to the next step in the sequence. Press SW4 to
back up in the sequence to the previous step. Diagnostics will begin at Step 1. Each step is displayed in the two
digits of the dispenser user interface display. The step results are displayed in the two digits on dispenser user
interface display 2 seconds after the step number is displayed. An amber order filter light will be shown to
designate that the step number is being displayed and a red replace filter light will be shown to designate that
the status of the step is being displayed. All button and pad inputs shall be ignored and all inputs shall be off
except as described in the actions for each step.
Service Test – 1 FC thermistor
• The board will check the resistance value of the thermistor and display flashes results on the Temp
Display. (01 = Pass, 02 = Open, 03 = Short)
Service Test – 2 RC thermistor
• The board will check the resistance value of the thermistor and display the results on the Temp Display
(01 = Pass, 02 = Open, 03 = Short)
Service Test – 3 Evaporator fan motor and air baffle motor
• Control the RC & FC Evaporator Fan Mtrs. by depressing SW3 (01= Both Fan Mtr. off. 02 =FC Fan on.)
• Depress SW3 once to advance. Step 3 will flash quickly and advances to steps 13/23 very quickly. The result
is RC Fan on, Pantry Air Damper on. Pantry Air Damper will open and close automatically. (13= Damper Open.
23= Damper Closed). Verify air flow inside pantry on left hand side when damper is open, (13 displayed). Air
flow in pantry will cease when 23 is displayed).
• Depress SW3 to advance to last step. (04 = Both RC & FC fans on).
Service Test – 4 Compressor/ condenser fan motor/evaporator fan
• Control the Sealed System loads selecting SW3 (01 = Initialize Dual Evap Valve in home position (4min), 02 =
Close both RC&FC Evap Valve (1min), 03 = Turn compressor ON (1min), 04 = Keep compressor ON, drive the
valve to RC position & turn RC fan ON, 05 = Keep compressor ON, drive the valve to FC position & turn FC
Verify air flow from the evaporator fan.
Service Test – 5 Compressor Status / Speed
• Initial Display 02 = Minimum speed
• Depress SW3. Display = 03. Compressor Ramps up to Max speed. When Max speed reached, 01 displayed.
• Depress SW3. Display = 04 Speed ramps down from Max to minimum speed. Display = 02
Service Test – 6 Defrost heater/Bi-metal
• Note: if bi-metal is open, it will need to be by-passed for heater to operate. Heater should be on. Display will
be blank until a valid reading is displayed. (01 = Bi-metal closed, 02 = Bi-metal open)
Service Test – 7 Defrost mode Selection
• The defrost mode can be set by using SW3. In ADC Mode the product will automatically defrost after a
minimum of 8 hours of compressor runtime up to maximum of 96 hours of compressor runtime, depending upon
product usage. In Basic Mode the product will automatically defrost after 8 hours of compressor runtime.
(01 = ADC ON, 02 = Basic Mode ON 8 hour timer.)
Service Test – 8 All UI indicators
• Verify that all LED indicators and UI display digits turn on automatically. All indicators ON for 30 second
Service Test – 9 UI Button and Pad Test
• Displays the user Interface Buttons and Ice and Water Pads status as described in the Component Status
NOTE: Do not use SW4 and SW5 as these are used only to navigate through the Service Diagnostics.
Press Digit 1 Digit 2
Ice Pad 1
Water Pad 2
Ice & 3
NOTE: SW4 and SW5 are used for navigation and are not displayed.
Service Test – 11 Dispenser Lighting
• Pressing SW3 will change the dispenser lighting setting from OFF (0%) to ON (100%) to DIM (50%)
Status indicator is Blank
Service Test – 12 Accent Light Turns on
Service Test – 15 Ice Level Sensor
• Displays the Ice Bin Status in real time on the UI display. Verify that the full and not full levels display
correctly. (01 = Bin Full, 02 = Bin Not Full)
Service Test – 16 RC Door Switch Input
• Displays the RC Door status in real time on the UI display. Verify that the open and close status display
correctly. (01 = RC Door open, 02 = RC Door closed)
Service Test – 17 FC Door Switch Input
• Displays the FC Door status in real time on the UI display. Verify that the open and close status display
correctly. (01 = FC Door Open, 02 = FC Door Closed)
Service Test – 18 Ice Door Motor
• Displays the Ice Door stepper motor state on the UI display. Press ice paddle and verify that the mechanical
operation of the ice door corresponds to the component status indicator. NOTE: Ice door will have a delay in
closing after an ice paddle is released. (01 = Closed, 02 = Opening, 03 = Open, 04 = Closing)
Service Test – 19 Ice Maker Fill Tube Heater Status
• Control the Ice Maker Fill Tube Heater selecting SW3 (toggle between On and Off) (01 = ON, 02 = OFF)
Service Test – 20 Water Filter Usage Rating
• Displays in two sequential flashes the total water usage rating in gallons for the water filter on the UI display.
Wait until dash is displayed which means end of the number. (00/0- to 99/9-)
Example: 123 will be displayed as 12 3-
Service Test – 21 Water Filter Time Rating
• Displays in two sequential flashes the total time rating in days for the water filter on the UI display. Wait until
dash is displayed which means end of the number. (00/0- to 99/9-) Example: 123 will be displayed as 12 3-
Service Test – 22 Water Filter Usage
• Displays in two sequential flashes the current water filter status in gallons used since last reset on the UI
display. Wait until dash is displayed which means end of the number. (00/0- to 99/9-) Example: 123 will be
- AV Repair Help answered 7 years ago
- last edited 7 years ago
- You must login to reply
Please login first to submit.