The complaint on this unit is it is not cooling up to par! This unit has an inverter. According to the home owner the condenser has never been cleaned. Cleaned the condenser and it seemed to lower the temperature. But the inverter continued to beep. It was an inconsistence pattern of on & off and beeping. Not that familiar with inventers and any information will be greatly appreciated.
Cleaned condenser! Unplugged unit for twenty minutes.
- Guest asked 7 years ago
Thank you for the question. You will need to do a few different checks,
1. Black to white wire going to the inverter should have a consistent 120VAC.
2. Red/white to red should have 3-6 VDC going to the inverter.
3. Out of the inverter you should have approximately 230v at any 2 of the connections going to the compressor.
4. Any 2 posts on compressor should have the same resistance at the compressor and no short(open) to ground.
Please make these checks to determine where your problem is. I typically check the windings of the compressor for approximately the same resistance and that I am getting the proper voltage to the inverter. If those check out correct check power coming out of the inverter and replace accordingly.
- Guest answered 7 years ago
Hi try, Will do and I will get back to you! Thank you, Jan
Sorry it’s Troy..
- You must login to reply
Please login first to submit.